[Lugcomms] NZ PyCon call for proposals now open

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Mon Jul 13 14:51:12 EST 2009

Can people send this to their LUGs, where appropriate?

------------------

Kiwi PyCon 2009 http://nz.pycon.org/ is an independent, community-run,
community-controlled and not-for-profit conference dedicated to the Python
programming language, Python applications, toolkits and frameworks. It also
features social events and a chance to meet fellow Python users. It is
organised by the New Zealand Python User Group.

Kiwi PyCon 2009 will be taking place at the Canterbury Innovation Incubator in
Christchurch on the week end from the 7th through 8th November 2009. We are
looking for Talks, Tutorials, Lightning Talks, Demos, Open Spaces and lots of
hall way interaction. To submit a talk, please visit our submissions page at
http://nz.pycon.org/submit-talk

Important Dates

    * Submission deadline of proposals:
      SUN, 2 August 2009
      (But the sooner the better!)

    * Acceptance notification:
      SUN, 20 September 2009

    * Deadline for handouts and camera ready paper:
      SUN, 11 October 2009

    * The Event:
      7-8 November 2009

http://nzpug.org/KiwiPyCon/CallForProposals