[Lugcomms] Was there meant to be a meeting?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Jan 31 17:49:30 EST 2009

2009/1/28 Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au>:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 20:55 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> http://linux.org.au/node/589 says that we were to have a LUGComms
>> meeting today, but the channel was dead silent. Anyone know what's
>> happening?
>
> Hmm - yeah that's an auto-set date... and one of the things we need to
> be able to edit - James Purser
>
> but yeah - as stated... Jan meeting was F2F at LCA... next meeting, end
> of Feb...
>
> probably wouldn't hurt to start putting together an agenda...
>
> given current discussion of Linux Australia elections.... perhaps this
> is something we could thrash about...
>
> other thoughts?

We first need a regular, predictable schedule for meetings. We should determine:

* the frequency of the meetings (weekly, monthly, etc.)
* what time and day they go on

Weekly is probably too frequent, but monthly leaves too much time
between discussions. How about fortnightly? I'm thinking every second
Wednesday at 8:30pm.

Things get easier when there's a rhythm to it.

Sridhar

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux