[Lugcomms] Hiya

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Sun Mar 30 03:14:36 UTC 2008

Patrick Coleman wrote:
> Peter Lieverdink wrote:
>> | So then, who else is here and what LUG are you with? Is your LUG doing
>> | anything interesting before the end of the financial year?
>
> Patrick, President of PLUG, the Perth Linux Users Group. We run monthly talks, which I'm trying to
> get recorded (and failing on the transcoding :). We're also looking at a bid for LCA in 2010.

I'm one of the sorry buggers who ran LCA08, I'll see if I can get the
transcode scripts off the AV team :-)

Actually, we'll be (trying to) record a talk this tuesday. The AbiCollab
talk at LCA turned out to have no sound... so we're having a go at the
LUV meeting, where Martin is repeating his talk.

> We have had some issues with declining members, and building that up has been a project of the last
> year or so.

I'm not sure what our membership is doing, but meeting attendance had
been going down a bit from 70-odd. Seems to be pulling up again at the
moment to the mid 50s.

We had an -um- issue a while back which I thought demonstrated a
discrepancy between current membership and what I think new members want
from LUV.

Do any of your LUGs (or UUGs :-) have a mission statement? LUV doesn't
have one and I was thinking that *if* we had one, we'd have a base
document we can use to point people at what the LUG is for and what
sorts of behaviour we will and will not tolerate from members... so
writing up something is on our committee agenda for the next few months
I guess.

- P.
--
Peter Lieverdink   counter.li.org #108200   -37.807478, 144.94465
0x969F3F57   9662 1CB5 8E54 450D 2E12 9D7E 580E 2519 969F 3F57