[Lugcomms] [Linux-aus] Council of Australian Linux User Groups

Donna Benjamin donna at mel8ourne.org
Sun Mar 16 09:13:31 UTC 2008

Hey Patrick,

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 16:42 +0900, Patrick Coleman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Donna Benjamin <donna at mel8ourne.org> wrote:

> >  How does a Wednesday in a month or 2 sound?
> >  8pm-9pm Eastern Time and not a minute longer.
>
> That sounds like a great idea. I'm subscribed to the lugcomms list,
> and I've forwarded this to our committee.

Brilliant! and Thank You for the speedy reply. :)

I'll wait and see if we get a few more responses in before proposing a
couple of dates for the irc meeting.  I've already floated the basics
with Pres and VP of the new LA council - who both generally seem warm
and receptive about the notion.

I'm hoping we can aim for a F2F in july-ish
and possibly the irc meet late apr early may.

In the meantime...

would be good to get the ball rolling... pose some provocations to the
lugcomms list to generate discussion.

how's about you start with some background on PLUG - who you are, what
sort of activities you run (regular meets? installfests? SFD? workshops/
training? whatever)

I'd be keen to collate some lug history too - when was plug formed /
how / why and by whom?  Was it directly involved in hosting the Perth
LCA... etc...

cheers
Donna
--
http://linux.conf.au/

linux.conf.au     Donna Benjamin  +61 418 310 414
MEL8OURNE2008     Conference Director
28Jan - 02Feb     donna at mel8ourne.org