[Lugcomms] LC AGM @ LCA

GPCS - Grant Petch gpcs at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 30 00:01:01 EST 2008

Hi Everyone:
I've just seen some posts floating around on the lugcomms mailing list in
regards to the option of holding a face-to-face AGM for lugcomms at LCA 2009
in Hobart - Yes, I would support this motion 100%, as it would also be a
great networking event between the various LUG's and their organisers &
other key people, etc.. also with firming up some of our online connections
with each other!!  Also an AGM would be a great way for those of us who
don't always (or in my case haven't) get the chance to jump online during
the IRC meetings, as this would give us the opportunity of having our
contribution / ideas heard as well as getting some updates on what is going
on in lugcomms.

On a separate note, it is great that someone is recording word for word what
is actually being said at the lugcomms IRC online meetings, like the one
held earlier on this evening, however I would like to put an idea forward to
help make this a more useful tool, and that is can this in anyway shape or
form, be compacted down into a proper set of minutes with some listed points
so that it is easier for people to get information from it, especially for
those of us who don't always get online for the IRC meetings.

Anyway lets keep on talking about these issues.

Kind Regards,
Grant Petch
SFLUG Organiser
E: gpcs at ozemail.com.au