[Lugcomms] LUG F2f ideas / suggestions / proposals

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Tue Jul 29 21:14:20 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 21:08 +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> Starting thread for ongoing discussion of a face to face meeting for lug
> organisers...
>
> a BOF at LCA
> a mini-conf
> a special meeting ala the LA AGM
>
> 6 months out from LCA
>
> Funding arrangements...
>
> costs / proposals / budget.
> fundraising / sponsorship...
> etc.

Okay I'll jump in on this one. Last year there was a lot of discussion
about having a LUG event in the middle of the year. It was seen as both
an event to bring together the reps of each lug to share, discuss and
cry into each others beers as well as a mid year up between LCA and
Software Freedom Day.

From what I can remember, the proposal was that LA pay for the transport
and accomodation and that the event be run as say a 2 day conf, complete
with it's own talks and so on.

Unfortunately nothing much seemed to come of that.

Anyway that's my two cents worth.
--
James Purser
http://collaborynth.com.au