[LCP]debugging a Segmentation fault

Karthik Vishwanath karthikv at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Thu Oct 7 15:27:02 UTC 2004

Hello,

I develop a monte-carlo code written in standard C. I recently decided to
"add features" to the previous stable version and now the code aborts with
a Segmentation fault. I suspect the code is executing different parts of
the code before crashing, on different runs (and therefore crashing at
different points?).  There is no core dumped either.

Can I discover which source-line caused the program to abort (or get
information about which function it was, etc.), or trap the signal
within the code and print out details -- how?

Thanks!

-Karthik