[LCP]statically linking argtable and other libraries

Buddy Lumpkin b.lumpkin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 10:53:01 UTC 2004

>On 2004-07-13, Christopher Baus wrote:

>> To: linuxcprogramming at lists.linux.org.au
>> Cc: linuxcprogramming at lists.linux.org.au

> There's really no need to send your messages to the list twice.

He did not send his messages to the list twice. Postfix left the header
intact,but the cleanup daemon only formed a single mail to: command as any
sane MTA would do. Surely you know this being the "all knowing" genius that
you are. Here, I have even done the google for you:

http://www.google.com/search?q=duplicate+recipient&sitesearch=www.postfix.or

Something tells me that since your so smart, you knew that he is quite aware
he only needs to put the recipient in his to list once. You just felt
compelled to exercise that wonderful charm of yours that we are all talking
about.

> I've just gone back and checked your original email to see if
> you explained any of this there, as I didn't recall seeing it
> previously.  And, as anybody who checks will be able to see, you
> did not provide this information.  And you can't really expect
> people to guess it.

> And, although you do provide *some* extra information above, it
> still doesn't cut it when you're asking for help.  The basic
> rules are: tell us what you did; tell us what happened; and tell
> us how that differed from your expectations.  And, while you're
> at it, be clear and complete.  If you do that, people don't have
> to guess where you're up to.

It's amazing how much effort you put into responding to every email you feel
doesn't fit your criteria for being sent to this list. If you just answered
each email you would actually spend less time bitching and moaning about 80%
of the posts that come to this list.

> That's why I asked that perfectly polite question that you
> quoted above (and which some lame members of this list seem to
> find insulting).

I have seen plenty of posts from people commenting on your demeanor, yet you
seem so confident in your rebuttal. I bet you have received guidance about
your social skills your entire life from parents, teachers, bosses, etc..
And I bet you continue to insist that everyone else has the problem.

What do you call that? Asperger's Syndrome?

> Generally, abusing people for not giving you exactly what you
> want, even when they have to guess what that is and even when
> it's off-topic for the list, is hardly the best way to get them
> interested in your problem.  It certainly did not get me keen.

You're the one abusing people, grow up.

> And, while I'm here, for all the people who think that they are
> big men because they were brave enough to abuse me on this list
> while hiding behind their electronic personas, just get a life.
> You know who you are.

Hiding? Who's Hiding? Are you in the Seattle area? Let's solve it.

--Buddy