[LCP]help needed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike and/or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 5 23:27:01 UTC 2004

Aditya,

    WHY are you asking THIS question on a Linux/C list?

    I am not saying that people here wouldn't be able and/or willing to
help you with this design problem BUT (a very big but) if you imagine
that at the current stage of process design you should even be
considering things like "language to be written in" or "operating system
to be run under" then you are not approaching your problem correctly and
your design is bound to fail.

    KEEP IT ABSTRACT (for now). At this stage, where all you have  is
this definition of what the process must do, any time you catch yourself
thinking about C or Linux STOP!

    That's all the advice/help I will give until I now more about what
this question is all about. For example.......

    This looks very much like a "case problem" (final assignment) for a
course in "distributed processes". In which case you need to tell us
more about the conditions imposed by the teacher of the class -- for
example, what sorts of aid are you allowed to receive? And with regard
to what portions of the problem. For example, what is your
"delieverable"? (just a design? or a finished set of programs coded in C
or C++ and to be run under Linux?). There could be help with the basic
design, help by walking through YOUR design to find where you might have
made errors, help with implementing the design (in C), help walking
through your coding to indicate errors, help in debugging during testing
of you application, etc. WHAT HELP IS ALLOWED?

     Or this could be a "on the job" problem. In which case (at least
for myself) I would need to know more about for whom ---- as a  senior
analyst retired form a Fortune 500 "financial" I might be prefectly
willing to help out a non-profit gratis but would expect to be paid for
"consulting" if doing a design for a commercial entity.

Michael D Novack