[LCP]query regarding pointers in C

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Fri Apr 16 14:09:01 UTC 2004

On 2004-04-16, Sameer Oak wrote a lot of nonsense:

> do concentrate on the issue how the arguments are passed to the functions.
> the sequence is LIFO(it can vary compilter to compilter, however).

Why post nonsense when the correct answer has already been
posted to the list?

Read the answer I posted earlier; read the references I gave;
and don't post answers until you know the truth.

In the meantime, repeat after me: the original program is
undefined and so there is no way of knowing what it "should"
do.  Undefined means undefined.

> Disclaimer:
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains
> confidential information intended for a specific
> individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should
> any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it,
> is strictly prohibited.

And why waste our time with this crap?  You posted your message
to a public list and therefore any "copying, or distribution" of
it is perfectly OK.  Mind you, the last part prohibiting "taking
of any action based on it" sounds like wise advice ...

Cheers, Greg