[LCP]Transforming a linux machine into a breakout box (Serial programming related question)

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Sep 3 19:52:02 UTC 2003

On 2003-09-03, James Attard wrote:

> (1) How can i read/process the CDRs in 'real time' ??
> (2) How can i make the linux machine as a breakout box so that control
> signals sent from the machine are directed to the pabx immediately and act
> accordingly?

This is incredibly trivial.  The billing machine sends its query
to your Linux box, believing that it's actually the pabx.  The
Linux box sends the query on immediately.  The PABX returns the
data to the Linux box.  The Linux box immediately sends all the
data that it wishes to pass through on to the billing machine.
When the billing machine sends its stop signal to the Linux box,
it sends it on to the PABX.  What's complicated about this?

> I'm a little bit confused as i'm still new to the world of serial
> programming. I would appreciate if you post sample codes.

The usual deal is that you pay standard rates if you want people
to do your work for you.  Email me off-list for my rates.

Cheers, Greg

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.