[LCP]selective inclusion of dynamic

Vincent Penquerc'h Vincent.Penquerch at artworks.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 00:07:02 UTC 2003

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list to ask, as it's more
about ld than C programming, so feel free to redirect me to a more
suitable list if you know one.

I'm linking a dynamic program to some libs on Linux with GNU ld,
and the .rodata section contains symbol info for my whole program,
which are not needed (as the libs don't call back into my program
bar callbacks explicitely given to them). Unfortunately, GNU ld
does not know this.
I could not find a way to tell ld to not include this info, and
it is over half a meg. Anyone knows how ?
Thanks

--
Vincent Penquerc'h