[LCP]Netfilter hook programming

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag Giridhar.Nag at ubinetics.co.in
Mon Dec 29 14:24:02 UTC 2003

Alexandre Aguiar wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 12:17, anu suthakaran wrote:
>
>> guhu1.c:7:32:  linux/module.h : No such file or directory
>> guhu1.c:8:32:  linux/kernel.h : No such file or directory
>> guhu1.c:9:35:  linux/netfilter.h : No such file or directory
>> guhu1.c:10:40:  linux/netfilter_ipv4.h : No such file or directory

Depending on the distribution that you are using, you may have to
install the kernel-headers or a smiliar names package.

> The subdirectory linux of /usr/include can be a symbolic link to
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux. If you did not install kernel sources
> it may be missing.

No. That should not be a link. The files in /usr/include/linux should
be the ones that the glibc on your machine has been compiled with. The
files in /usr/include/linux and those in /usr/src/linux-x.y.x-a/include
need not be related.

http://www.kernelnewbies.org/faq/index.php3#headers for a discussion
on this.

	Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag                http://www.pratapgarh.com/appaji

Not that long disease, my life, but that long convalescence, my life.
The liberal-bourgeois revision, the illusion of improvement, the poison
of hope - Herzog

Any views expressed in this email or attachments by
an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics
India (Private) Limited.