[LCP]interactive Telnet session

Lucas King lking at fp.fairfax.com.au
Wed Sep 4 02:46:05 UTC 2002

hello,

i have included stderr into my code.  no difference was noticed.

my current reference, in my continured effort in developing my
programming skills, is Linux Programming Bible.  it explains the use of
DUP2 and for the most part DUP2 seems to behave as explained.  my
problem, as far as i can determine, is that Telnet requires access to
the terminal's environment.  but as i have redirected Telnet's output to
a socket rather then stdout, the terminal environment is not available.
 i am taking an educated guess here.  perhaps there is some way of
passing the terminal information to Telnet on the command line?

i have searched the Net as well as the Redhat WEB site for the source
code for the Telnet session, with the thought that it will give me a
clue as to how i can resolve my problem (and learn a little more on how
to code).  i have had no luck tracking it down.  does anyone know where
i can get hold of the source code?

regards,

Lucas King

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged
and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and
permanently delete the document.