[LCP]sockets problem

Andrew Weaver Andrew.Weaver at tecnomen.fi
Tue Jan 29 23:44:16 UTC 2002

1. ALWAYS check return codes from system calls.
2. The select() returns an indication of the descriptors that have been hit
back into the fd_set arrays that you gave it. So the descriptor that is hit
first will remain in the mask and will thereafter be the only one tested
for. You must refresh the set before each iteration of the select. See the
man entry.

So, put the
 FD_SET(0,&clientset);
 FD_SET(scklisten,&clientset);

inside the while loop and you will get what you need. This applies to both
apps. Your client appears to work because you hit the keyboard first and
then only test for keyboard. On the server side, you got a hit on the server
socket so only tested for that one thereafter.