[LCP]stdio.h reference

Madhav M. madhav3333 at lycos.com
Wed Jan 9 15:40:47 UTC 2002

 Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge.
I think, i couldn't put my question properly...i myself messed up the question :-(. Sorry for that.

actually I was trying to find out,
if I'm not specifying path explicitly at compile time
i.e $cc -I/usr/include sample.c....but instaed I'm using following
 $cc sample.c
then how stdio.h file is been searched?

 ya, Vincent, I was not aware of the following point that you mentioned...
Vincent wrote :
The compiler can also have hardcoded paths
>for system includes (usually /usr/include or /usr/local/include).

Also I checked for INCLUDE & INCLUDE_PATH, but those doesn't have path for /usr/include on my machine.

Vincent wrote :
Its path (stdio.h) will be specified by env variables (I can't
seem to recall the exact ones, but INCLUDE or INCLUDE_PATH
are probably it).