[LCP]read error

Mike & Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at shaysnet.com
Tue Apr 23 22:23:06 UTC 2002

> Process B is run before process A, and the printf statement is
desiplayed on
> the screen.
> But I find that inspite of this process B is blocked on the read as if
there
> is no data in the FIFO.

Hermant,

    What do you mean when you say "process B is run before process A"?
In other words, how do you KNOW that B MUST run before A? What have you
coded to ensure that (or checked to ensure that is indeed the case).

    If these are "concurrent processes" then answers like "because
started B first" mean you do not understand the complexities involved
when using "concurrent processes" and you should read some standard
texts which cover the subject (almost any on operating system design
would do since this is a topic they all cover).

Mike