[LCP](no subject)

Vincent Penquerc'h Vincent.Penquerch at artworks.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 19:39:05 UTC 2002

> Also, I have never come across a sigbus in my code before so
> I tried to
> compile
> it under libc6 to see if it  would make a difference. The
> result on libc6 is
> a segv.

This puzzles me a bit, as SIGBUS is sent when two things happen
at the same time:
1 - a memory value is fetched which size is not aligned with the
    bus (eg, a 32 bit value not aligned on 32 bits)
2 - the CPU can't do two reads to rebuild the value

i386 can do step 2, so there should never be SIGBUSes on i386.
Have a look at your headers, maybe SIGBUS has a value which is
also allocated to another signal, and this might tip you on
what's happening ?

Sorry for the HTML, can't stop it :/

--
Vincent Penquerc'h