[LCP]Network programming.

Kent Nyberg blurkis at bonbon.net
Wed Sep 26 22:21:13 UTC 2001

Well, this is what i want to do.
I am using sockets and tcp/ip, i think :)

I have looked at a dew tcp/ip clients/servers out there on the
internet and i know how they work.. even though those
i read weren't that advanced.

I know how to open sockets and to write to them.
My client can write 'hello world' to the server-socket.
But what i would like to do is to make the server and
client be able to communicate with some sort
of protocol.
Like..  when the client sends the number 1001 to the server then
the server should send back
a package with both a new IP/PORT to the client so
that the client can open that IP/PORT and start sending a file there..

I want to both be able to send files and stuff..
That is, i want the first server/client sockets to be able to act like
some sort of an icq-client/server or simular.
Any kind of source out there that does this would make me very happy.
I know that downloading gnomeicu or licq would be the best thing maybe,
but those are to big projects for me. And i dont even think there
is some kind of icq-server out there in real sorce that i can read :(

Well.. nevermind. I think i can do this without reading other
sources now. But it would probably help alot..

Have a nice day!