[Linux-aus] Open Hardware 2022 project delivery plan --> Everything Open conference March 2023

Andy Gelme geekscape at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:55:23 AEDT 2023

To everyone who has been patiently waiting ...For the OHMC 2022 project,
the SwagBadge and Rockling hardware have been assembled and we have
firmware to test most of the functionality. There is additional work to
be completed before we can fully test the audio chip on the Rockling. We
have an FPGA gateware bootloader running on the Rockling and the
application can be updated via USB from a host computer, e.g laptop.

On-going development of the firmware and gateware will continue leading
up-to Everything Open 2023 in-the-open with updates on GitHub / OHMC
Wiki.  The SwagBadge is ready for anyone with microPython on ESP32
experience.  Whilst the Rockling FPGA in its current state requires FPGA
expertise (similar to using a FOMU).  If you have FPGA experience and
want to help with on-going development we can send the hardware to you
from early January. Otherwise the SwagBadge 2022 and Rockling SAO will
be ready for you at Everything Open 2023 or can be shipped to you at
that time.On the Monday immediately prior to Everything Open 2023, the
OHMC team will hold an all day workshop for the OHMC 2022 hardware.  The
morning session will be based on prepared material about the hardware,
the software, how to develop on and use your SwagBadge / Rockling FPGA.
The afternoon session will be open ended supporting development using
your new kit.  This workshop will be held at the Melbourne HackerSpace
(CCHS).

Also on that Monday, from late afternoon an Everything Open social event
(all welcome) will be held at the HackerSpace and potentially
overflowing on to the nearby Hawthorn Hotel into the evening.

Note: Monday, 13th March 2023 is a public holiday in Victoria, A.C.T,
S.A and Tasmania Please bring your SwagBadge 2021 along to Everything
Open, because it is largely compatible with SwagBadge 2022, especially
regarding microPython, ESP32 and the Simple-Add-On (SAO) boards. *To
help us plan and complete the delivery of this project, if you HAVE
previously registered and paid for this hardware at LCA2022, please
complete the following survey, which enables you to select delivery
options, workshop attendance, etc. If you HAVE NOT previously registered
for this hardware and are interested in acquiring a spare kit (should
some become available), you can also indicate your interest with this
form.
****https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XxxYti2rxYYmd5JR9wf2oQddNSc-K6iJa4PmApPLfc0/edit***
regards Andy and Jon