[Linux-aus] Logins not working

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Oct 16 10:01:37 AEDT 2022

I can replicate this behaviour, making the following assumptions:

1. Assuming the website is https://linux.org.au, I have tried logging in
(with previously known good) credentials in FF and Chrome on Ubuntu
20.04 LTS (latest stable versions of each browser)

2. The website does nothing after clicking "Log In" and the button is
greyed out.

3. The console error reads:

Uncaught Error: Invalid site key or not loaded in api.js:
6LdNLrkZAAAAACT8PgzJcK7oGC5Usc7A_iOLjh90
https://www.gstatic.com/recaptcha/releases/vP4jQKq0YJFzU6e21-BGy3GP/recaptcha__en.js:143
https://www.gstatic.com/recaptcha/releases/vP4jQKq0YJFzU6e21-BGy3GP/recaptcha__en.js:289
     wfls_init_captcha
https://linux.org.au/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/modules/login-security/js/login.1664898183.js?ver=1.0.11:101
recaptcha__en.js:143:214

I suspect this is to do with the Recaptcha credentials in WordPress,
which is used for the front end of the website (I used to maintain the
frontend of this website, along with a bunch of other stuff, back when I
was on LA Council from around 2013-2018). I think the domain needs to be
whitelisted with the Recaptcha credentials that have been used:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-login-if-invalid-domain-for-site-key/

I'm not sure which account was used for the Recaptcha credentials, but
at a guess it's in the key store used by Council (I am being
deliberately vague for obvious reasons).

(directed to Joel & Council - happy to help resolve this, you have my
direct contact details)

Kind regards,

Kathy Reid