[Linux-aus] COVID19 deaths

Marcus Herstik marcus at herstik.com
Sat Oct 15 23:07:49 AEDT 2022

Ok Steven, I’ll bite.

These are official Gov stats with links.

Total stats (seems to me to either have a few holes or we had some great months with 0 deaths) https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-australia-deaths-registered-until-31-july-2022#deaths-due-to-covid-19-year-and-month-of-occurrence

Age and sex breakdown (from same page)
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-australia-deaths-registered-until-31-july-2022#deaths-due-to-covid-19-age-and-sex

Associated causes (same page)
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-australia-deaths-registered-until-31-july-2022#deaths-due-to-covid-19-age-and-sex

Latest for this year (different page).
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortality-statistics/jan-jun-2022

Clearly shows the number has risen significantly this year with a massive spike in Jan this year - Xmas seemed to be a mass spread event.
Quite erratic for the rest of this year but again, much higher than previous.
Likely due to lack of interest in the population and the relaxing of rules everywhere.

Funnily enough state with longest lockdowns has highest proportion of deaths due to Covid. Go figure.
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-australia-deaths-registered-until-31-july-2022#deaths-due-to-covid-19-state-of-registration

FYI - Of the 407,221 death registrations received by the ABS (both doctor and coroner certified) in Australia during the pandemic period, 2.3% are of people who have died with or from COVID-19.

Let me state I am neither for or against Covid, but instead just think people should be armed with facts and allowed to make their own mind up.
I am however against restrictions on freedom, which I believe is consistent with this organisations stated goals.

Make of this what you will.

Regards,
Marcus Herstik