[Linux-aus] COVID19 deaths

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Oct 15 20:39:00 AEDT 2022

Currently the Covid19 death toll for Australia is higher than any time before
the start of this year.  This year has been far worse than previous years for
Covid19 deaths largely because people are getting lazy about protections.

I think that Linux Australia should have a policy of discouraging any in-
person meetings at this time and for the forseeable future.

http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2020-March/thread.html

I first raised this issue more than 2 years ago.  Since then it has become
obvious that it's not a scam and not like the yearly flu.

We should aim for far more than the minimum required of us by Australian law
in terms of protecting our community.