[Linux-aus] Announcing Everything Open - Conference 2023

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Thu Oct 13 13:17:26 AEDT 2022

```

class EverythingOpen extends Conference {

   $name = 'EverythingOpen'

}

$it = new EverythingOpen()

if (!($it instanceof Conference) ) die()

// We're not dead

class LinuxConfAu extends Conference {

     $name= 'LinuxConfAu'

}

$it2 = new LinuxConfAu()

if (!($it2 instanceof Conference) ) die()

// We're still not dead

```

The task:

* Could we Ducktype 'it' as 'it2'?

Probably yes.

Are we really just arguing over a confounded name?