[Linux-aus] laptop monitoring

C J du Preez cjdp at cjdpenterprises.com
Wed May 25 12:04:57 AEST 2022

We use Zabbix to monitor servers. It's flexible in terms of configuration. The agents you install on devices can communicate with the server or proxies via TLS connections. Log files can be monitored for certain strings. Systemd units can be monitored with systemctl status etc. It can monitor for the presence of files like /var/run/reboot-required. It supports monitoring disk space usage among many other things.