[Linux-aus] efficiency of user groups

Les Kitchen ljk+la at ljk.id.au
Fri Mar 4 18:17:22 AEDT 2022

Hi Russell,

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022, at 18:21, Russell Coker via linux-aus wrote:
> When running users' groups we don't want to waste effort reinventing wheels.
> Ideally we have people doing mostly what they are good at and what provides a
> benefit to users that can't be gained elsewhere.

Some very good ideas.  Thanks for floating them.  Certainly as
Free Software Melbourne / Free Software Australia we've
struggled with setting up and maintaining group infrastructure,
like mailing lists and websites.  I'll bring this up with our
FSA committee.  There is some tension between sharing and
maintaining autonomy, but I think that's resolvable with
goodwill.

More in a little while...

— Smiles, Les.