[Linux-aus] internode/iinet/tpg ipv4 bogons in route

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Jun 16 06:48:16 AEST 2022

On 15/06/2022 23:33, Damon Permezel via linux-aus wrote:

> Once I enable "Exposed Host" on the Fritz, pings work, and "mtr" is
> able to reveal to me that there is no 10.20.21.212 hop inbound.  Just
> outbound.

WTF is this thread even here.. ISP's have been doing this for 30, yes
THIRTY years, long before CGNAT and mobile. is this your first week into
networking...

We one tried masking it with a local DNS name to match, but F M D,
people cried sooky about that too even though it was in middle of
internal routng, actually, used by big T on its LNS's LAC's and so on,
some show up as * * * on some ISP's, some show them on others.

As others have said, RFC1918 addresses on the carrier side will not ever
affect you on your end, if it did, do you think we'd use it in the first
place, let alone still after 30 years.

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.