[Linux-aus] SRV _kerberos._http.COMPANY.LOCAL.

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Jun 9 17:21:00 AEST 2022

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 14:13:53 AEST Russell Coker via linux-aus wrote:
> I have a setup of sssd (the Linux Active Directory client) talking to a
> locally hosted AD instance which also has an Azure AD domain (which isn't
> supported by sssd) mirroring some of the data.  I'm getting repeated DNS
> lookups for the above SRV entry, any idea of what this is about and what the
> right value should be?

Without the Ubuntu adsys (IE with only sssd) I get lookups like SRV
_ldap._tcp.DCNAME._sites.company.local. where "DCNAME" is a substitution for
the name of a DC that the company uses.  So presumably somewhere in AD there's
a list of server locations and the location "DCNAME" is given as one for my
workstation to talk to.