[Linux-aus] please move technical support issues to another list

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Jun 9 17:09:11 AEST 2022

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 16:14:16 AEST Dwight Walker via linux-aus wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> Please move the tech support conversations to another list.
>
> Surely this list is for general Linux Australia announcements like
> meetings or conferences or elections.
>
> It was never used for technical support till the last few weeks or so.

http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2021-August/023778.html

This list has periodically been used for technical discussions over the years.
Almost a year ago I started a discussion about the direction of this list, the
above message seems to summarise the general feeling.  If we determine that
creating a separate list for technical discussions is a good idea then I'd be
happy with that.  Otherwise this seems like the best option for people wanting
Linux advice in our region via email.