[Linux-aus] Nomination to fill the causal vacancy - President for LUV

Luke Attard luke at rapiddata.com.au
Sun Jul 10 01:44:42 AEST 2022

LUV Members,

Over the last few days there has been a discussion regarding the LUV
President mail box, and the need to have this checked/cleared
regularly.  There has been a couple of volunteers from outside of
Victoria, and thank you to those people for offering to help.

I always believe it is better to fix a problem in full if possible,
rather then doing a band-aid fix and kicking the can down the road.
Therefore I purpose we fix the main problem, being that there is no a
President for LUV, and by sounds of it the position has been vacant for
some time.

Being a linux user for over 20 years, I have wanted to get more involved
for some time now, and I have the time available to give the position
the attention it needs. Happy to give more of a profile and rundown of
my experience if anyone wants it.

  I formally nominate myself to fill the causal Vacancy position of
President for LUV, and therefore take on the responsibility for the
president's mailbox, and the responsibility for completing/delegating
out the other tasks that have been discussed that needs seeing too.

Luke Attard