[Linux-aus] FLOSS-and-Linux-friendly weather stations?

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Thu Dec 29 05:11:12 AEDT 2022

> On Dec 15, 2022, at 23:37, Paul Gear via linux-aus <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:
> I'm looking to get a weather station for the family and don't really know where to start - I'm hoping some of you might have been down this road before.

If you’re looking for a project, you can buy the components for a weather station and link things up to an ESP32 and pretty much build your own. My partner ended up doing this sometime in 2020 as a random learning exercise and the thing is still going strong.

It’s not necessarily cheaper, certainly takes a bunch more time, but is rewarding and interesting! Nothing like discovering that in order to weather protect a UV sensor you need the right kind of glass…