[Linux-aus] FLOSS-and-Linux-friendly weather stations?

Michael Neuling mikey at neuling.org
Mon Dec 19 16:01:43 AEDT 2022

FWIW I suggest just buying yourself an rtl-sdr.com dongle + antennas for $50 and
sniff around to see if you can find one in your local area.

IMHO rtl_433 is pretty much magic and supports decoding tons of wireless weather
stations. eg look for fineoffset wh* devices here:
  https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/tree/master/src/devices

rtl_433 can then export it via MQTT (open standard) to something like
homeassistant for a nice interface.

Mikey