[Linux-aus] Fwd: Suggestion: virtual lug talks

David david_crosswell at telaman.net.au
Wed Jun 2 04:39:57 AEST 2021

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:39:00 +1000
Russell Coker via linux-aus <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> I had an idea for arranging Australia (and maybe NZ too) wide Linux
> meetings. Russell Stuart improved on that idea dramatically, we had a delay
> of a few months due to everyone working on other things too.  But now I'm
> publishing his email (with his permission) to start a public discussion.

Excellent idea, and I have often wondered why it hasn't been put into effect
long before now. We have everything needed, from Big Blue Button to Jami, to
place it into effect, constituents spread over such a wide geographical area
with the need, yet it has remained unemployed.

There is still a need for F2F functions, but for a mechanism to promote and
maintain community, we have it available, but it remains idle.
I'm often away overseas, border controls permitting, but count me in.
Kind regards,

David Crosswell.