[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2022 - Entirely with precedent: It's happening again!

LCA2022 Chair chair at lca2022.linux.org.au
Fri Jul 9 18:25:25 AEST 2021

Australasia's grassroots Free and Open Source technologies conference,
linux.conf.au, will be held online, worldwide, from Friday 14 to Sunday
16 January 2022.

## Put it in your calendar

Based on feedback from the last conference, we will be running the
conference across the weekend again, but starting on Friday instead.
Friday 14 January will be a day of Miniconfs, followed by two days of
main conference on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 January.

## Theme: 'Community'

The world is beginning to see the first rays of sunlight after the gloom
of the past two years of pandemic. While we're not quite "there yet",
things are looking up for the future. After so long a period of on-again
off-again separation from friends, peers and community, let's come
together online and say "Hi! - What's new with you?"

## Call for Miniconfs

Miniconfs are dedicated day-long streams focusing on single topics,
creating a more immersive experience for delegates than a session.
They're a crowd favourite and an awesome way to kick off the conference
on Friday 14 January, before the main conference commences on Saturday.

Our Call for Miniconfs is now open. You can find out how to submit your
Miniconf proposals at https://lca2022.linux.org.au/programme/miniconfs/.
The Call for Miniconfs will close at 11:59pm 31 July 2021 Anywhere on
Earth (AoE) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth).

## Call for Sessions

Our Call for Sessions will open in a few weeks, after the Call for
Miniconfs is complete. We encourage you to start thinking about talks to
present at the conference, ready to submit a proposal once the dashboard
opens.

## Sponsorship opportunities

We have a wide range of sponsorship opportunities available. In addition
to sponsoring the conference, you can sponsor Miniconfs or contribute
towards specific programs.

If you or your organisation is interested in sponsoring linux.conf.au,
please get in touch via
https://lca2022.linux.org.au/sponsors/prospectus/.

## Stay in the know

Subscribe to our announcement mailing list and follow our social
channels to be the first to know about ticket sales, speaker lineups and
conference highlights.

* Mailing list -
https://lists.linux.org.au/mailman/listinfo/lca-announce
* Twitter - https://twitter.com/linuxconfau