[Linux-aus] Refund Note for LCA2021

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Thu Jul 8 20:21:35 AEST 2021

On 8/7/21 7:59 pm, Damon Permezel via linux-aus wrote:
> I got one also, and sent back a 'wtf'?' query. As far as I know, I
> paid.  Perhaps someone scammed a lot of $$ and needs there to be a
> lot of unpaid invoices to make things balance?

No, it wasn't a scammer.  It was just a fat fingered admin (that would
be me) trying to flat file the site and get a copy of all invoices
issued for tax purposes.  Turns out if you crawl it with the right
credentials, issuing a GET to a link is enough to trigger a refund, and
since it was a very capable web crawler it found every damned refund link.

Apologies for the noise.  And apologies to all who thought this LA
treasurer was giving them a EOFY bonus.  (No chance.)