[Linux-aus] Congratulations to Tridge

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Sun Jan 26 12:11:52 AEDT 2020

Dear All,

Hope all is well! It was lovely to see everyone that was able to join us linux.conf.au 2020 at the Gold Coast.

I wanted to send through a big congratulations from Linux Australia to Tridge  who was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia. It is fantastic to see Tridge recognised for all the wonderful work he has done for Australia, Open Source and especially, our community.

Full details are below:

MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
 Dr Andrew James TRIDGELL,
 Griffith ACT 2603
 For service to information technology.
 Software programmer and developer
  Founder, RSync, since 1990s.
  Founder, Samba, since 1990s-2011.
  Lead Developer, MAVProxy.
  Technical Lead, CanberraUAV.
  ArduPilot SoftwareTeam member, since 2012. Lead Developer, current.
 Other
  Educator and Course Developer, Research School of Computer Science,
 Australian National University, early 2000s-2016.
  Honorary Lecturer, College of Engineering and Computer Science,
 Australian National University, current.

Thanks,

Sae Ra

--

Sae Ra Germaine
President

president at linux.org.au
http://linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia

ABN 56 987 117 479
I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout
Australia and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and
culture. I pay my respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.