[Linux-aus] Constitutional Change to add Statement of Objectives into Constitution

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Mon Jan 6 14:54:16 AEDT 2020

Hi David

On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 09:16:32PM -0500, David Lloyd via linux-aus wrote:
> 1. I logged in as my user
> 2. https://linux.org.au/elections/
> 3. I clicked on "Vote in Election" (and got to
>    https://linux.org.au/election-info/?eid=8 --> this is the
>    constitutional change one)
> 4. I voted for a candidate, in this case YES
>    (https://linux.org.au/election-info/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Felections%2Fcandidate&enid=53)
>
> It shows the Yes candidate.
>
> I think that means it worked but I didn't get any e-mails or on screen
> alerts that I've noticed.

It sounds to me that you've clicked on the "yes" candidate rather than
casting a vote.  Clicking on the candidate shows information about the
candidate - it doesn't cast a vote.  To vote you need to click the button
which says "vote in this election" (or words to that effect - I'm going on
memory and cannot conveniently check the exact wording right now).

In a yes-no election there is obviously little to be shown about the
candidates.  However, when the candidates are people (as they are for the
council election) then there will in general be information which voters
may wish to see.

Regards
  jonathan