[Linux-aus] PCs in Perth

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Apr 26 16:01:34 AEST 2020

I know someone who has a son who wants to study computer science.  He needs
another PC (he has one for school work but needs one to play with and not
worry too much about breaking it).

Does anyone have 1 or 2 old AMD64 systems they don't need that they could
leave on their porch for collection?  Don't need anything particularly
special, even a Core 2 class system would be great.  4G of RAM would be handy.
He might use Windows initially but I'll try to get him into Linux.

They also need keyboard, mouse, and a monitor (even 1280*1024 would be fine).
Any bits you can give away for them to add to the PC or whatever would be good
too.

Thanks.