[Linux-aus] DKIM yet again

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Jan 3 09:47:53 AEDT 2019

On Thursday, 3 January 2019 12:34:12 AM AEDT Steve Walsh wrote:
> Hello Russell
>
> On 2/1/19 9:58 pm, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Do the LA servers reject inbound mail that has a broken DKIM signature or
> > that doesn't meet DMARC requirements?
>
> In the interests of accepting those people who are starting their linux
> sysadmin journey and may not understand as much about mail server
> configuration as some more long-term members, we have chosen to be
> relaxed in the enforcement of the various RFC's.

DKIM isn't something that happens accidentally, you have to go out of your way
to set it up.  When you set it up for the first time it's ideal if you can
send email to a somewhat popular site with a sysadmin who can help diagnose
problems.

https://luv.asn.au/

If anyone wants to learn about these things they can join the LUV lists.  The
LUV server rejects mail with bad DKIM signatures and I'm happy to review the
logs to help anyone diagnose problems with their setup.