[Linux-aus] [Announce] Official call for bids for linux.conf.au 2021 - LCA 2021

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Thu Nov 29 21:54:44 AEDT 2018

Hi everyone,

We'd like to provide an update on the linux.conf.au 2021 Call for Bids.

We've currently received one bid - however because we want to ensure a
strong pipeline of events, we've decided to extend the Call for Bids
until the end of December 2018.

So if you've thought "gosh, I've just missed out" or "woops, we missed
the deadline", then you have a little more time!

As always the Council is very happy to discuss what's involved, the
commitment, and the transferable skills that you will gain from running
linux.conf.au.

Kind regards,

Kathy

On 29/8/18 9:19 pm, Linux Australia Secretary wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> As the very keen among us know, plans are coming along really well for
> linux.conf.au <http://linux.conf.au/>2019 in Christchurch and more
> information is available at https://linux.conf.au
> <https://linux.conf.au/>. We're very much looking forward to seeing
> you all there.
>

> In the meantime, it's time to start thinking about plans for 2021.
>

> Last year, Council assessed bids for LCA2020, and the winning city
> will be announced at the close of LCA2019 in January next year *cough,
> Cairns* ;-)
>

> The timeline for the LCA2021 bid:
>
>  *
>
>     Earlier this year: Council seeks Expressions of Interest in
>     running linux.conf.au <http://linux.conf.au/>2021
>
>  *
>
>     August - formal Bids are requested to host linux.conf.au
>     <http://linux.conf.au/>2021
>
>  *
>
>     October 27th - Submission of formal bids closes
>
>  *
>
>     November / December - Council clarifies any questions regarding
>     the bids and reviews them
>
>  *
>
>     Quarter 1 2019 - Council conducts Site Inspections with
>     shortlisted Bid Teams
>
>  *
>
>     Early 2019 - Council decides on the winning city and informs the
>     Bid Teams
>
>  *
>
>     January 2020 - Winning bid is announced at linux.conf.au
>     <http://linux.conf.au/>in $CITY_FOR_LCA2021
>

> If you've ever sat in the back of a LUG meeting or an LCA talk, or had
> an informal chat to someone about running an LCA, now is the time to
> put that idea into action. If you were the person two seats back
> listening in, go bug that person to put in a bid.
>

> If you haven't already, the first thing to do is to send an email to
> council at linux.org.auto let us know you are thinking of submitting a
> bid. You should also CC linux-aus at linux.org.au, this might help you
> find other people keen on helping you out. Once you've done that here
> are two documents to help you get started:
>
>  *
>
>     https://wiki.linux.org.au/Linux.conf.au_Bid_Guidelines
>
>  *
>
>     https://wiki.linux.org.au/LCA_HOWTO
>

> The first outlines what is required for the bid process, while the
> second gives a fairly detailed overview of the sorts of things you
> need to think about when preparing to run an LCA, and provides example
> bid documents. We have more bid documents that aren't linked here
> which we can provide.
>
> There is also a comprehensive Event Portal with lots of useful
> information on how to run a successful event at:
>

> https://wiki.linux.org.au/Linux_Australia:Events_Portal
>

> So go out, get your team together, talk to some venues/vendors and
> start bidding to run the next awesome LCA! Armed with your amazing
> [...]

Kathy Reid
President
Linux Australia

0418 130 636