[Linux-aus] REMINDER - Discussion on Linux Australia Grant requests is happening on a separate list this year

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Sun May 27 21:28:58 AEST 2018

Hi Noel, I overlooked your email; it wasn't a conspiracy.

The Council decided on a separate list after receiving feedback from
some members of Linux Australia that while they wanted to have input
into Grant Requests, they did *not* want to subscribe to the linux-aus
list, given its history of, shall we say, some conversations that have
become very heated. Most of our actions for continual improvement are
driven, not by some dark "ulterior motive", but a desire for genuinely
incorporating community feedback into our processes and practices.

There's no secrecy at all, I've sent several communications to this list
to say "hey, Grants List is over here".

Here it is again. In plain text. Unencrypted.

Calling it "secrecy" is quite the strech, Noel ...

Regards,

Kathy

On 27/05/18 21:19, Noel Butler via linux-aus wrote:

> so is the council executive going to answer my question?
>
> Who decided on the separate list and why was it not put to the members.
>

> This is a very low traffic list, and I doubt anyone here has
> complained, so I'd like to know why the secrecy and what was the
> motivation for this secret action
>
> nobody else has mentioned it, but certainly I can not be the only
> person who thinks this is rather strange, adn that there may be
> ulterior motives involved.
>

> On 05/05/2018 13:56, Noel Butler via linux-aus wrote:
>
>> On 04/05/2018 17:14, Linux Australia President via linux-aus wrote:
>>
>>     Hi everyone,
>>
>>     A quick courtesy note as a reminder that discussion on Grant
>>     requests is
>>     happening on a separate list this year - enabling people who want to
>>     have a say on Grant funding to just follow one list, and not have to
>>     subscribe to linux-aus.

>>     A special thanks to those who have already provided valuable feedback
>>     and analysis on existing Grant requests - as always we welcome your
>>     feedback and contributions.
>>
>>     Kind regards,
>>
>>     Kathy
>>
>>     --
>>     Kathy Reid
>>     President
>>     Linux Australia
>>
>>     0418 130 636
>>
>>     president at linux.org.au <mailto:president at linux.org.au>
>>     http://linux.org.au
>>
>>     Linux Australia Inc
>>     GPO Box 4788
>>     Sydney NSW 2001
>>     Australia
>>
>>     ABN 56 987 117 479
>>

>> Why a separate list? Who decided the general membership doesn't need
>> to know unless they subscribe to " yet another bloody list"  I must
>> have missed that conversation on this list where members were
>> complaining they did not want them here, after all its not like this
>> is a high traffic volume list.
>>

>> I think that decision (if taken in private) is reversed, but thats
>> just me...
>>

> --
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Noel Butler
>
> This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
> information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
> protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss,
> or reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
> authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including
> attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal
> privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of
> this message. Only PDF <http://www.adobe.com/> and ODF
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument> documents accepted, please
> do not send proprietary formatted documents

Kathy Reid
President
Linux Australia

0418 130 636