[Linux-aus] Oseg -- Open Source Experts Group

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Mon Jun 25 11:11:31 AEST 2018

On 25/06/18 10:07, Troy Lea via linux-aus wrote:

> I never received a response, who do I contact in regards to this?

Anyone able to respond probably reads this list. Is OSEG still around?
Looking at wayback,  the web page and opensource.org.au went away years
ago. It doesn't look like they have a web presence. They are possibly
defunct. Perhaps we should have a poll of what lugs and orgs are still
active. How is OSIA going? Their web page news seems to be updated
regularly.

I can't speak for the OSEG list but I think the lists in general need a
review by the committee. Possibly as part of wider pruning and
refocussing efforts.

I signed up to do spam curation on a couple of lists over a decade ago
and they haven't had a legitimate post for years and only serve as spam
traps. Open source is obviously still going strong but communities have
shifted as have the ways people choose to communicate and organise
(sometimes for the worse).