[Linux-aus] DKIM yet again

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Dec 31 11:44:36 AEDT 2018

huh? you need a council meeting to determine if someone can add a simple
setting to mailman? like...  WTF ?

Are any of you actually system administrators?  if you are, hang your
heads in shame if you are that dictatorial over what the sysadmin team
can do on the mail/list server, a task that would take no more than 30
seconds.

On 31/12/2018 00:46, Linux Australia President via linux-aus wrote:

> Hi Russell, the Council is busy with reporting requirements and an election before the AGM; this is not a priority for us currently. We will revisit this if we have time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kathy
>
> On 25/12/18 9:52 am, Russell Coker via linux-aus wrote:
>
>> https://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2017-July/023173.html
>>
>> Here's a link to a previous discussion of DKIM and Linux Australia lists,
>> which contains links to previous discussions dating back to 2013.
>>
>> Below are the log entries about the latest DKIM failure.  Could someone please
>> set REMOVE_DKIM_HEADERS=Yes in Mailman to solve this issue?
>>
>> Also it would be ideal if messages sent out by the Linux Australia servers
>> were DKIM signed.
>>
>> Dec 24 20:25:05 smtp postfix/smtpd[11955]: 5B8CBF638:
>> client=mailhost.linux.org.au[192.55.98.181]
>> Dec 24 20:25:05 smtp postfix/cleanup[12096]: 5B8CBF638: message-id=<492883e1-
>> bd70-ce68-93d2-8d80f94d3631 at linux.org.au>
>> Dec 24 20:25:06 smtp opendkim[683]: 5B8CBF638: s=default d=kathyreid.id.au SSL
>> error:04091068:rsa routines:int_rsa_verify:bad signature
>> Dec 24 20:25:06 smtp opendkim[683]: 5B8CBF638: bad signature data
>> Dec 24 20:25:06 smtp postfix/cleanup[12096]: 5B8CBF638: milter-reject: END-OF-
>> MESSAGE from mailhost.linux.org.au[192.55.98.181]: 5.7.0 bad DKIM signature
>> data; from=<announce-bounces at lists.linux.org.au> to=<russell at coker.com.au>
>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailhost.linux.org.au>
> --
> Kathy Reid
> President
> Linux Australia
>
> 0418 130 636
>
> president at linux.org.au
> http://linux.org.au
>
> Linux Australia Inc
> GPO Box 4788
> Sydney NSW 2001
> Australia
>
> ABN 56 987 117 479

Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/