[Linux-aus] Accepting nomination for President of Linux Australia Council in 2019

Sae Ra Germaine s.germaine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:36:01 AEDT 2018

Hi All,

First of all thank you to those who have nominated me. I have worked with
some amazing Council members and should I be elected as President, I have
definitely got some big shoes to fill.

I have been a member of council for 5 years now, 4 of them as Secretary and
have been privileged to see this organisation go from strength to strength.
Now that we have renewed our brand and website, this helps gives us
visibility and management efficiencies, allowing us to help facilitate and
enable council and our members to focus on advocacy and grow our
partnerships with other organisations. We will also be able to see our
grants programme reach even further to multiple sectors and support a more
diverse range of open source/technology projects.

Who am I?
I'm the current Secretary of Linux Australia, Vice-Chair of the Board for
Internet Australia and a Digital Platforms wrangler in the GLAM (Galleries,
Libraries, Archives and Museums) Sector.  I have been on the Core
organising teams of 2012 and 2016 linux.conf.au and I have volunteered at
many more. I have a Bachelor of Computing (Honours)

To all those who would like to or are thinking of nominating for Council:
Please do so. We would love to have you on board. Council has been a very
rewarding time for me since I have joined. There aren't many days left. If
you are interested please do ping me, I'm happy to answer any questions you
may have.

Thanks,

Sae Ra