[Linux-aus] Kathy Reid - not nominating for Council in 2019

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:16:57 AEDT 2018

Kathy,

Having been on the sharp end of both the LA Council and an LCA core team, I
know some of what you have been through to contribute as you have. As a
privileged middle aged white Anglo Saxon male, I didn't experience any of
the additional challenges that you certainly faced doing so much as a woman
in a society that often devalues contributions from women.

I thank you for your passion, your commitment, your work and for all you
have done to benefit this great community.

Kathy, you have done the thing we should all strive to do; "Leave it better
than you found it". And LA is better, due to you.

So... Thanks, and here's hoping you can shake up AI at the ANU.

--
MC