[Linux-aus] Congratulations to Dr Andrew Tridgell, awarded DSc honoris causa from ANU earlier this week

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Fri Dec 14 16:15:30 AEDT 2018

https://cecs.anu.edu.au/news/dr-andrew-tridgell

      "Chancellor, it is with pleasure that I present to you Dr Andrew
      Tridgell that you may confer on him the degree of Doctor of
      Science /honoris causa/ for his exceptional contributions to
      computer science through open and free software."

      - Nobel Laureate Prof. Brian Schmidt conferring the award

Tridge, if I'm allowed to address someone so esteemed so informally, is
an absolute pillar of our community and embodies all the values we hold
dear - openness, transparency, the sense of curiosity, endeavour and
learning, and as an organisation we couldn't be prouder. Congratulations.

My particular thanks to Bob Edwards for passing this on - much
appreciated Bob.

With kind regards,

Kathy

--