[Linux-aus] READ ME: New Linux Australia Membership system and what you have to do

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Fri Dec 14 04:56:22 AEDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Over the last year, the Linux Australia Council has been undertaking
actions to renew both our web presence and our membership database.
These projects have several drivers. Our existing web presence is dated,
and the software stack on which it resides is difficult to maintain
without significant effort. Our previous platform, MemberDB, is over 10
years old, and while it served us well, it is very definitely end of life.

To this end, we undertook a competitive quote process and engaged the
services of Agileware, a Canberra-based WordPress, Drupal and CiviCRM
vendor. We've worked closely with Agileware over the last few months and
the new website and membership database is now live. The new system is
CiviCRM with WordPress.

The new system requires some actions on your part as a Linux Australia
member, and this email clearly communicates what to expect, what we need
you to do, and where you can go for help and assistance.

https://linux.org.au

    Membership renewal and how to renew your membership

Due to our requirements as an incorporated association in the state of
NSW, governed by the NSW Office of Fair Trading, we are implementing
membership renewal. All existing records in MemberDB have been imported
into the new Membership system based on CiviCRM, but they will need to
be 'activated' by you to renew your membership.

1. Go to https://linux.org.au and click on the 'Login' button, and using
your email address from MemberDB, reset your password. A confirmation of
reset will be sent to your email address.

2. Log in to the website using your new password.

3. Click on the 'Member area' button

4. Select 'Renew Membership'

5. Update your Member details

6. Linux Australia Council members will review and, if all is in order,
approve your membership.

Memberships that are not renewed after several months will be expunged.

    Where to go for help

If you need help in renewing your membership, please email me via return
email.

    Website feedback? Other inquiries about the new system?

Please use the 'Contact Us' form on the new website, which goes to the
Council. That way we'll make sure we're able to effectively prioritise
and action any feedback.

You MUST renew your Membership before being able to vote or nominate in
Council elections.

Kind regards,

Kathy

--