[Linux-aus] Invitations and Such

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Thu Oct 26 00:23:56 AEDT 2017

So, I just sent this response to an invitation (the sender shall remain
anonymous):

*	"Why do you believe that posting a picture of a typically
attractive woman, with champagne, and a flamingo in the background might
attract me to this event?"

There are so many what-ifs, for example:

*	What if I suffer from ornithophobia?
*	Or gynophobia?
*	Or I'm in a programme whose name contains anonymous?

My actual question, though, would be:

*	Given the sender, an IT organisation of sorts (not Linux
Australia!), sent the e-mail, do they really expect such a picture to
attract more participants?
*	And if so, what does this say about it?

DSL

Nb. The e-mail isn't spam - I do expect the sender, from time to time,
to send me invitations and such to things that interest me [the thing
I'm invited to does interest me, so in that sense, it is on topic for
me].

--

David Lloyd