[Linux-aus] [Grant Application] Kids Tracks at BuzzConf

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Tue Oct 17 12:22:24 AEDT 2017

Hi everyone,

This Grant Application was considered at Council meeting 12th October,
and has been approved to the value of $AUD 1500

BuzzConf grant submission for review 2017-10-12:
http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2017-September/023195.html

MOTION by Kathy Reid that Linux Aus provide a grant to BuzzConf of $1500
noting that this will specifically be used to encourage children to use
Open Source Hardware. Seconded by Russell Stuart. Passed unanimously.

ACTION Kathy to communicate the outcome of this grant.

Council noted that the grant request is specifically for open source
hardware, which will be used to increase engagement of children with
technology. We noted the strong community feedback around this request,
and the distinction between the overall BuzzConf focus, and this
particular element of the event.

NEXT ACTION: Ben, could you please raise an Invoice to Linux Australia
for this amount and we'll get it paid ASAP,

Kind regards,

Kathy

Kathy Reid
President