[Linux-aus] Linux Australia has seconded the nomination of Nicole Murdoch as Demand Class Director for the auDA board

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Mon Nov 6 12:05:42 AEDT 2017

Hi everyone,

In line with the principles of transparency and openness under which
Linux Australia operates, I'd like to advise that last week, after
consulting with Council, I seconded the nomination of Ms Nicole Murdoch
as a Supply Class Director in the upcoming auDA elections [0]. Nicole
has an excellent understanding of both technology and the law, and
brings to the table insight in both.

The exact wording of the nomination was:

"Linux Australia, Inc is delighted to endorse Nicole Murdoch's
nomination to be elected as a Demand Class Director of auDA. Nicole's
unique skillset in both information technology and intellectual property
make her an ideal candidate to tackle the challenges auDA is now
confronting. Her desire to ensure effective governance, transparency and
openness align closely with Linux Australia's own values. She will be a
strong asset to the auDA board."

The auDA AGM is on 27th November and a further update will be posted
after this time.

As always, your feedback, comments and concerns are warmly welcomed.

Kind regards,

Kathy

[0]
https://www.auda.org.au/news/call-for-nominations-for-election-to-the-auda-board-3/